The Red Regiment

Zoey Shriner, Author

2017 Red Regiment Camo Game

Are you a part of the Sheridan High School Red Regiment? This year we have had multiple questions about it, so we got some scoop from a few kids on what they feel and think. Junior Charlie Edwards said, “I think they should have more open discussion on what themes are for the games.” We have put this into consideration and will be offering open discussion. Sophomore Rachel Cook said, “I think we should have more cheering and attempt to learn new cheers.” This has been a common response from many students on what we should change. Senior Nathanial Schrider said, “I enjoy being able to cheer along during the basketball games.” He plays football, so he enjoys being able to participate now.

2016 Rage Cage Pink Out

The senior spirit committee has been working together to try and better things about the student sections. A big problem we have came across was if there should be a designated “leader”? We questioned kids about this and all students we had asked said, “they think the whole senior class should be in charge, if one of the leaders aren’t there we are lost, so it would make things easier to have everyone on the same page and know what to do.” This was also common answer among the students we asked.

As we collect all the answers and data, we will take all the things we’ve been told and put them into use and consider on how we can change and make a difference in The Red Regiment for future students down the road. We want to continue to better the student section and make it as fun as possible for all students years down the road.