The Student News Site of Sheridan High School in Thornville, Ohio

Humans Of Sheridan: Abby Dupler

March 11, 2021

Abby Dupler is a junior at Sheridan High School. She is involved in volleyball, basketball, and track. She is also a member of  a club volleyball team called Lady Blue Knights.

Sheridan volleyball team winning the MVL(top) LBK winning a presidents cup tournament (bottom)

Abby says that her favorite sport to play is volleyball. She says this because, “I played it my entire life and the connection between the people I get to play with”. Within her school volleyball career she has helped lead her team to 2 MVL titles, 2 sectional titles, 2 district titles, and one regional runner-up. With her club team, Dupler has helped lead her team to numerous tournament wins and being ranked #1 in the OVR.

Sheridan girls basketball team going to state in 2019

In addition to volleyball, basketball has always been a big part of Abby Dupler’s life. She has played since she was just 6 years old. She has now been on the Sheridan varsity girls basketball team for three years. The team has had much success over the last three years. Three MVL titles, three sectional titles, three district titles, and what Abby says is her “happiest moment” in her basketball career, when they went to state. Going to state is a goal that every athlete dreams of.

Track is something that Dupler does between basketball and volleyball to stay in shape. Her freshman year she went to districts for the 400 and high jump. She says that she was “excited about last season before it got canceled”.

Abby Duplers athletic career is still going strong. As she heads into her senior year of sports, she is extremely excited to see what it has in store.