Humans of Sheridan: Cassie Amore

March 15, 2021

Jensen Wolfe

Amore transferred to Sheridan her freshman year from West Muskingum

Out of the 8 million high school athletes, only about 7% of those go on to participate in collegiate athletics. In the fall of 2021, Cassie Amore will become apart of that percentage. In November, Amore committed to Geneva College in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania to continue her volleyball career. The 5’11’ middle hitter has played 225 sets for the Generals in the past 3 years on the Varsity team. Amore played on the JV team her freshman year and was moved up to the Varsity team her sophomore year. She had 38 serving aces, which 26 of these were in the 2020 season. Amore earned All-MVL and Honorable Mention District 12 accolades in her senior campaign. The proudest moments of her career came from her senior season. Amore’s best team memory is when they advanced to the Regional Final. She said they felt very accomplished because they knew that they could get there after falling short 2 seasons in a row. Individually, she is most proud of when she had the first point of the game against MVL rival John Glenn off of a kill. Amore said: “It was awesome. It set the tone of the game and the crowd went wild. It was one of those moments where everything goes right.”

Amore discovered during her senior season that she had been dealing with plica syndrome in her knee. She had been dealing with the pain for a long time and finally received the diagnosis in 2020. Luckily, she was able to finish her senior season before having to get surgery to repair her knee

The plica is a fold of tissue which lines the knee joint. Plica syndrome causes the knee to lock or give way. In the surgery, the damaged tissue is removed. Amore received her surgery in November and started the road to recovery prior to her club volleyball season. Her biggest setback has been feeling like she has more to give. “I feel like all my teammates are playing one step above and I’m just trying to play with them. It especially is hard playing at a national level so it is a fast pace and it gets hard knowing I can’t do exactly what I want to do,” Amore stated.

Amore will compete for the Geneva College Golden Tornadoes in the fall of 2021. She chose this school because everything felt right. She believes that her coach was very invested in her, and genuinely wanted her on the team.

Cassie will continue to display her work ethic at Geneva as she has done here at Sheridan. Amore is determined to improve and make an impact at the next level.

1 Comment

One Response to “Humans of Sheridan: Cassie Amore”

1. Faith Amore-Reed on March 19th, 2021 11:01 PM

Cassie,
    I am so proud of you and know your future will be bright! I have enjoyed watching you grow up into the sweet young lady you are today! Aunt Faith loves you!!!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The General Idea • Copyright 2021 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in