January Student of The Month

Paige Fisher, Editor

Kirstyn Gray-Ulmer

Kirstyn is a senior at Sheridan, she has maintained a grade point average of 3.77 throughout her high school career. Kirstyn is also a member of several clubs and activities; these include: marching band, concert band, jazz band, pep band, show choir, drama club, Sheridan’s quiz team, as well as National Honors Society.

Kirstyn has also achieved various accomplishments during her last four years at Sheridan. She has earned both  academic and varsity letters, in addition to earning four chevrons to add her letter men’s jacket. Kirstyn also earned a show choir patch, and has had superior ratings on her solos and trios since her freshman year. She was even the Americanism winner her sophomore year.

Her favorite hobbies include: writing, listening to as well as playing music, spending time with her friends, reading/collecting classic novels, playing records, and sleeping.

A mentor throughout high school for Kirstyn has been Mr. Dave Fazakas (band director for Sheridan’s Marching Generals). He has been in her life and musical career since the fifth grade.

He [Mr. Fazakas] has been the Mr. Miyagi to my trumpet playing, and if I would have had any other director, I would not be who I am.”

— Kirstyn Gray-Ulmer

After high school Kirstyn is hoping to attend the University of Washington, Emerson, Kenyon. She wants to major in creative writing/English, as well as minor in classical studies. Kirstyn would eventually love to write novels and/or teach at either the high school or college level.

A quote that inspires Kirstyn is one by Oscar Wilde: “To have lived is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that’s all.”

Izayah Gibson

Izayah is also a senior at Sheridan High School. He has managed to maintain a GPA of 3.99 throughout his last four years at Sheridan. Izayah is best known for being the Social Media Representative for the senior class. He has also been a member of FCA while being at Sheridan.

Izayah has accomplished many things during his high school career. He succeeded in keeping a 4.0 GPA all except on year of his four years in high school. Izayah has started his own clothing brand, and men’s school choir.

His favorite hobbies include: working, hanging out with friends, exercising, as well as playing video games.

I really enjoy trying to make people laugh and pride myself on being a ‘funny’ guy. ”

— Izayah Gibson

Izayah’s biggest mentor has been Kevin Hart; claiming that he got into comedy because of watching  Kevin Hart’s stand-up.

After high school Izayah plans on attending college to study civil, chemical, or aerospace engineering. He is hoping to, someday, work for a space company, such as NASA.

A quote that Izayah chooses to live by is one said by Micheal Scott: “Don’t ever, for any reason, do anything, to anyone, for any reason, ever, no matter what, no matter where, or who, or who you are with, or where you are going, or where you have been, ever for any reason whatsoever.”