The Student News Site of Sheridan High School in Thornville, Ohio

Disney Conspiracy Theories

February 8, 2021

Disney

Disney

Disney

Disney is well known for their amazing Princess movies and their tendencies to kill off characters in the beginning of their films. There is a small trend that all of Disney’s movies are tied together in one way or another!  There’s no doubt that the conspiracies are piling up. So I’m here to shed some light on some of these game changing thoughts, starting off with The Genie in ‘Aladdin’.

We all know the iconic line “Ten thousand years in a tin can give you such a crick in the neck.” This obviously states that the genie was stuck in the lamp for ten thousand years, but later in the movie, The Genie makes talk show references and dresses in modern fashion. Fans say that the film took place in the near future, rather than the distant past. Interesting right? Well get this.

Elsa and Anna’s parents die in the beginning of ‘Frozen.’ But did you know that there is speculation that their parents survived the crash and landed on a island, where they would later give birth to Tarzan? Now hear me out, it’s true that ‘Frozen II’ cut ties with almost all of the conspiracy theories such as this one, but I can’t deny it is extremely interesting. Fortunately, one conspiracy still stands. Rapunzel from ‘Tangled’ is Anna and Elsa’s cousin! Not only do they look alike, but Rapunzel also has magical powers. Of course, Rapunzel’s were given to her by a magical flower, but it still counts in my opinion. If you look hard enough, you can see Rapunzel at Elsa’s coronation, along with Cinderella and Tair.

https://thirteen13again.wordpress.com/2014/04/29/is-frozen-even-cooler-than-we-originally-thought/

Now this one can’t be denied. Many people have watched the amazing film “Inside Out,” where Riley is having a hard time settling into San Francisco after moving away from everything and she’s ever known. There wasn’t much about her parents’ back stories, but Riley’s mom has 3 whole movies about her life. Riley’s mom is the one and only Margo from Despicable Me! This theory isn’t far fetched either. Not only do they have a similar look, but later in the movie, we see an attractive man speaking Portuguese and asking her to fly away with him. This man is no other than Antonio Perez. In Despicable Me 2, Margo met a charming boy and developed a quick crush on him. Of course he was a player and broke her heart, but I think a lot more might have happened as she grew up.

This last one will really blow your mind. We all met the adorable Boo from ‘Monsters Inc.’ Well, she never forgot about her friends who would travel dimensions through doors. In fact, she learned how to do it herself. She spent years trying to get back to them, even as an old lady living amongst the Irish. This is where she meets a famous Disney Princess, Merida. You heard me right. The witch in ‘Brave’ is Boo. Not only did she learn to travel through doors, but she also picked up wood carving. In a scene in Brave, you will she a whittled sculpture of Sully, her big blue and purple spotted friend.

These are only a few of the thousands of conspiracy theories out there. Search some up, and you won’t be disappointed on what you find! These really open your mind up to see how big the Disney spectrum is and how everything can tie together! I hoped this peaked your interests in these types of things, because there is pretty much an endless amount of theories that will keep you busy for hours! Here’s a video to get you started! https://youtu.be/sLcEZxNfLoE