October Student of the Month

Landen Russell

The male student of the month for October went to Landen Russell. Landen has maintained a GPA of 3.85 throughout his high school career. He is currently a member of the National Honor Society and is the captain of the football and basketball team. Landen has achieved a 3-year letterman in football and will be a 4-year letterman in basketball. He has also achieved 1st team MVL in both football and basketball. In addition to this, has earned an honorable mention for All-State in basketball. After high school, he plans to attend college to further his education and play basketball.

If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.”

— Dolly Parton

In his spare time, Landen enjoys hunting, showing pigs, and playing basketball. A mentor for Landen has been his grandpa Tom, stating, “He is the best man I know, he fought for my freedom and has went through more than anyone knows but lives each day with a smile on his face, and always attends my games.”

Ali Bennett

The female student of the month for October went to Ali Bennett. Ali has maintained a GPA of 4.0 throughout her high school career. She is currently a member of the Varsity volleyball team and is involved in the National Honor Society. As a student, she has earned a gold renaissance (a 4.0 GPA, 2 or less excused/unexcused absences, and one or less excused or unexcused tardy) along with achieving principal list all of high school. Ali’s hobbies or interests include playing volleyball, hanging with her friends, and being with her dogs.

A mentor for Ali has been her mother, stating “she puts all her time into her children and she has been an amazing role model for me.” After high school, Ali intends to go to a branch college and pursue a degree in radiology.

Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.”

— Dr.Suess