February Students of the Month

Julia Finck

February’s female student of the month is Julia Finck. Julia has maintained a GPA of 3.91 throughout her high school career. She is the Public Relations Representative in Student Council, the Vice President of National Honor Society and has been a member of Gold and Silver Renaissance. In volleyball, Julia is a three year varsity letter man, and has been named Defensive Player of the Year twice. She was also voted 2nd team in the MVL and District 12.

Julia enjoys playing volleyball and spending time with her friends and family. She also spends some of her free time working. A mentor for Julia has been Mrs. Pressdee because she is always so positive, helpful, and supportive. She also has been a big part of making Julia’s senior year awesome so far.

After high school, she plans to attend a four year university where she will major in English in order to become a high school English teacher.

Colton Talbot:

The male Student of the Month for February went to Colton Talbot. Colton has maintained a GPA of 3.78 throughout his high school career. Besides his good grades, Colton is also the treasurer of the National Honor Society, the class secretary, and captain of the football team. He has been awarded two varsity letters in his years at Sheridan, along with receiving the academic all-MVL award twice.

In his down time Colton likes to play football, go hunting and fishing, and hanging out with his friends. A mentor for Colton has been his parents –  “they always push and support me to be the best I can be.”

After high school Colton plans to attend The Ohio State University. He would like to major in integrated social studies in hopes to become a high school teacher.

Colton is inspired by a quote said by Tim Duncan, an American basketball coach and former NBA player. This quote states, “Good, better, best, never let it rest. Until good is better and your better is best.” You can tell he lives up to this quote by his good grades and his devotion to the football team.