January Student of the Month

Back to Article
Back to Article

January Student of the Month

Julianna Watson:

The female Student of the Month for January is Julianna Watson. Julianna has maintained a GPA of 3.947 throughout her high school career. She enjoys being a part of the marching band, pep band, jazz band, and concert band. She also is a part of the quiz team and a member of National Junior Honor Society. She likes to spend her free time playing piano and the saxophone, reading, writing, and watching Marvel movies.

Julianna is a member of Gold Renaissance, and she also attended honors band. A mentor for her has been Mr. Chennells. He has extended her thought process by teaching her how to think in multiple ways; his ideas transfer easily to real life.

She is inspired by a quote from the show ‘The Get Down’: “The young people are not the problem. We’re the solution.” as said by the character Ezekial Figuero. She believes we need to stop looking at what is wrong with the younger generation and start fostering what is right. Through this we will build a stronger society.

After high school, Julianna plans to attend Ohio State University for either pre-med or chemical engineering.

Daniel Miller

January’s male student of the month went to Daniel Miller. Daniel has maintained a GPA of 3.71 throughout his time at Sheridan High School. He enjoys playing sports, hanging out with his friends, going outside, and listening to music.

Daniel is currently part of the Sheridan Varsity football and basketball team, he is the secretary of Student Council,  a member of National Honor Society, a member of the Pickerington Church of the Nazarene, and a part of ASTRA. He has earned two varsity letters in football and has one coming for basketball. He is a scholar-athlete, went to state final four with the basketball team, and went to regional finals and playoffs in football.

Daniel’s favorite quote is by William Shakespeare , “But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother…”

Daniel looks up to Coach Paul Culver III as his mentor stating that, “He cares so much about every one of his players, and he motivates everyone to excel in everything that they do. He always puts his family first over everything and I respect that.” After high school Daniel plans to go into the National Guard and go to college to be a physical therapy assistant.