November Students of the months: Sarah Smathers and Job Covey

This is Sarah Smathers.

Sarah Smathers:

Sarah has maintained a GPA of a 4.0 throughout her high school career. She is a member of National Honor Society, Big Brothers Big Sisters, the I Believe Foundation, and has accomplished gold or silver renaissance every year. After high school, Sarah plans to become a Spanish teacher. The following quote by Phyllis Diller holds a special place in her heart as it sets the stage for how we should approach every day in our life:  “A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.”

She loves to hang out with her friends and she enjoys baking. Senaorita Wareham is one of Sarah’s mentors and has taught her valuable lessons in life. Sarah stated, “She has always listened to her without judgment.”

Job Covey:

Job Covey has maintained a GPA of a 3.544 throughout his high school career. Job is a member of the National Honor Society, Varsity Cross Country team, Track and Field. Job’s hobbies are reading, flying drones, hanging out with friends, and running. He has received 2 varsity letters, all-district honor, and an all MVL in Cross Country. He also received an all MVL Academic and one letter in Track. In addition to this, Job has perfect attendance. After high school, Job will pursue a degree in Cyber Security as a drone pilot. He plans to join the Air Force to accomplish this.

For Job, his parents have been the biggest mentor. They helped guide him and they also always support his activities. Job lives by this quote, “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.” – Lorithians 9:24.