October Students of The Month

Mason Mitchell:

The male student of the month for October is Mason Mitchell. He has maintained a GPA of 4.0 throughout his high school career. He loves attending church at Zion UCC every Sunday, reading (mostly John Steinbeck), cooking, traveling to new places with family and friends, fishing, and watching the Columbus Crew SC play.

Mason is the captain of the boys varsity soccer team, president of student council, a member of National Honor Society, and a member of FCA. Mason has received a varsity letter for soccer, has been named a Scholar Athlete, has been recognized by ASTRA, and has attained the following: Principal’s List, the Perfect attendance award, Gold renaissance, and VP of student council.

Mason looks up to Mr. Chennells, stating that, “He is very personable and genuinely cares about his students. Every day he has a positive attitude and is willing to share his own experiences with situations I will face or am facing and gives me advice”.

Mason plans to attend Ohio State University. He wants to major in Chemistry. After that, he plans to attend OSU’s medical school, graduate, and specialize in Radiology. One thing is certain, he will certainly be missed at Sheridan High School. He sees the value of

time in the sense that it is what define us and make and does so without ambition for it is truly shows us the person we ultimately are As John Steinbeck stated, “Time is the only critic without ambition”

Kaitlyn Sturgeon:

The female student of the month for October is Kaitlyn Sturgeon. She has maintained a GPA of 3.9 throughout her high school career. Kaitlyn plays soccer and softball, and enjoys reading. Kaitlyn is a member of the National Honors society, Student Council and 4-H. Kaitlyn Sturgeon is a strong athlete, and has achieved the following: Varsity Soccer letter, Scholar Athlete, honor roll, and Principles List.

Kaitlyn plans to attend Ohio State University and major in biology. She looks up to her mother, stating that “I have seen the way that she has worked hard in life and I admire the drive she has in life.”

The quote that inspires Kaitlyn the most is ” How did it get so late so soon> It’s night before it’s afternoon. December is here before it’s June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?” -Dr. Suess. Kaitlyn said, ” This quote inspires me to take my time and enjoy life.” Maybe more of us should see the beauty of the simple things in the world, just like Kaitlyn does.