September Students of The Month

Kendyl Mick

The female student of the month for September is Kendyl Mick. She has maintained a GPA of 3.75 throughout her high school career. Kendyl plays basketball and volleyball, and enjoys helping out her grandparents with house work. She loves to go camping and fishing with her family, and adores her cat, Finn. Kendyl is a member of the National Honors society, and is the varsity point guard. Kendyl Mick is a strong athlete, and has received 7 varsity letters.

Kendyl plans to attend the University of Findlay on a full-ride scholarship to play basketball. She wants to major in Early Childhood Education  to become a 2nd grade teacher. Kendyl looks up to Mrs. Pressdee stating that “she is always so positive and there to talk to for advice and guidance.” Kendyl has an All-Ohio Honors for basketball, and collects several varsity letters from different teams every year.

The quote that inspires Kendyl the most is ” Do good and good will come to you.”

Mason Boyer

The male student of the month for September is Mason Boyer. He has maintained a GPA of 3.30-3.61 through his years at Sheridan. Mason is the Sheridan football manager. His parents, Bryan and Tina Boyer, are proud residents of Thornville. Mason is an altar server at Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Somerset, and is a memeber of Honor roll and the national honor society.

Mason wants to go to college to possibly study sports management or constitutional law. A mentor in Mason’s life is Coach Paul Culver III. Mason says that “He helped me become a better person and find my purpose in life.” A quote that Mason likes to live by is “Walk toward the fire. Don’t worry about what they call you. All those things are said against you because they want to stop you in your tracks. But if you keep going, you’re sending a message to people who are rooting for you, who are agreeing with you. The message is that they can do it, too.” ~Andrew Breithart