May Students of the Month

Back to Article
Back to Article

May Students of the Month

Sydney Bradley 

Sydney Bradley has maintained a GPA of 3.83 during her high school career. Sydney is a member of the National Honor Society. She is also a member of the 4H club and The Glenford Harvesters. She is very involved in FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes), Cornerstone Church, and Cornerstone youth group. Her multitalented abilities have allowed her to attain varsity letters in gymnastics, soccer, and track. For gymnastics, she was voted MVP in 2018 and she is the current record holder for both floor and the bars. She won first place all-around at the State meet, in track she was the MVL pole vault champion in 2018, she was named the MVP this year in soccer and she was the team captain. Sydney also received athlete of the week by the Zanesville Recorder.

Sydney’s other hobbies and interests are calligraphy, camping, exercising, hanging out with her friends, being outdoors, and going to church. Mentors for Sydney have been her parents. They have given her an example of the type of life she wants to live and they have been her supporters through everything.

After high school, Sydney plans to attend Mount Vernon Nazarene University to study nursing. Sydney has been inspired by the quote “Let all that you do be done in love” (1 Corinthians 16:14).

Ethan Heller 

Ethan Heller has maintained a GPA of 3.829 throughout his high school career. Ethan is a member of the National Honor Society and is an active member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Aside from sports, Ethan is heavily involved in both football and basketball. In both sports, he has received All Ohio honors twice, was player of the year for Districts 12 in basketball, and player of the year in the Southeast District in both sports. Ethan was named D3 offensive player of the year as well. In addition to these accomplishments, Heller holds the all-time leading scorer record at Sheridan for basketball.

Ethan’s hobbies and interests are boating at the lake, hanging out with his friends and family, and working out. A mentor for Ethan has been his dad. His dad has taught him that hard work and determination are the two ways to success.

After high school, Ethan plans to attend Concord University on a basketball scholarship. He plans to major in education or physical therapy. A quote that Ethan lives by i,s “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13).