The student news site of Sheridan High School in Thornville, Ohio

Sheridan’s Hidden Vocalists

March 19, 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sheridan’s Hidden Vocalists

Sheridan is a school full of hidden talents. Whether it’s being an athlete, being intelligent, or any other talent, Sheridan’s got it all. The talent I took a closer look at was the singers. The singers with hidden talent that I asked to sing were: Jacqlyne Clevenger, Annalee Savon, and Mitchell Wells.

Annalee Savon was the first to sing. Her favorite song at the moment is ” Like a Virgin” by Madonna. She has been singing since she was an eighth grader. Music helps Annalee escape, she enjoys it greatly, and music is just overall important to her.  Her favorite artists are Ed Sheeran and Elvis Presley. The song she sang was ” Dive” by Ed Sheeran.

Mitchell Wells was the second to sing. Mitchell’s favorite song is Reflection by Mac Demarco. Mitchell has been involved in music since 6th grade. Mitchell has been apart of a band called “Fat Dragon” since 2016. The song Mitchell is singing is ” Autumn Leaves” by Eric Clapton.

Jacqlyne Clevenger was the third to sing. Jacqlyne’s favorite song is Wide Eyes by Bad Flower. She has been singing since she was six. Jacqlyne loves singing because it allows her find pieces of herself she didn’t know were there. When she writes songs she expresses herself in ways she normally can’t. Her favorite artist is Matt Maeson and her favorite band is Blink 182. The song she sang was “Who Knew” by P!nk.

Jordan Barnett