December Students of the Month: Brady Turnes and Emma Conrad

Back to Article
Back to Article

Our Christmas elves for December!

Our Christmas elves for December!

Hunter Dishon

Our Christmas elves for December!

Hunter Dishon

Hunter Dishon

Our Christmas elves for December!

Brady Turnes

Brady Turnes has accumulated a GPA of 3.2 throughout his high school career. He is the Vice President of the Somerset Haymakers 4-H Club. He is a 4-year letterman in Golf along with All MVL and a 3-year letterman in Baseball. He has also received his academic letter.

Brady enjoys playing sports, hanging out with his family, and hunting. His mentor has been his dad because of how hard he works and that he earns everything he has. He also appreciates that in his dad’s free time, he makes the family a priority.

After high school, he plans to work for the state and take over the family farm. His favorite quote is, “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”

Emma Conrad

Emma Conrad has maintained a 4.0 throughout her high school career. She is the President of the National Honor Society, the Secretary of the Somerset Go-Getters 4-H Club, and is a member of the FCA. She is a 4-year Volleyball letterman, was on the first team to obtain all MVL in Volleyball and was the District 12 offensive MVL player of the year. In addition to these accomplished accolades, she is a 3-year Basketball letterman and was a special mention for all MVL. Emma was also the Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior Scholar-Athlete.

Emma enjoys playing sports, playing with her animals, spending time with her friends and family, and being outside. Her mentor is Whitney Williamson because she is kind-hearted, loving, caring, is always open to listen and give advice, is strong in faith, and is the strongest woman that she knows.

After her high school career, she plans to attend Muskingum University to play volleyball and major in psychology. A quote that inspires her is, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be dismayed, for God is with you wherever you go.”